Living in India after a long time

I left India 31 years ago to pursue graduate studies in the US.  After earning my Ph.D. there, I started my career in a university where I now work as a professor.  My parents live in Amritsar but in December, my mother passed and my dad was left to live alone.  He fell down in on the road last month and was hospitalized.  So, my wife and I packed our bags and came over to look after him.

I have been here for two weeks now and that is the longest I have lived in my parent's home since I left for college after my high school.  Amritsar is a small town that has not changed in ages.  I am going to document my experiences living in Amritsar.  I am mostly critical of what goes on here, having lived in a highly efficient society most of my life. I'll try to be objective but if you are a card-carrying Indian patriot, you will not like what I (branded a "foreigner") perceive of this society and culture.

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A visit to a bank

Traffic

Stray Dogs